CAROLINA WREN PARK, Anderson, SC – A community resource for all to enjoy.
SUMMARY: Carolina Wren Park, City of Anderson, Anderson County, SC officially opened to the public on October 23rd, 2013. The park opening had been delayed so as to make upgrades in the park making it more accessible and accommodating to all. This centrally located park (only a block from the County Courthouse) offers new and exciting channels for community activities as well as a quiet place for individuals to escape from the activities of a hectic day.
ARTICLE: In 2012, the City of Anderson approved the construction of a downtown park on an acre of property owned by the City and where the Belk Department store was once located. The completed cost of the park and green space is estimated at $2.8 million dollars.
On Friday, August 23, 2014, Mayor Terence Roberts introduced the name of the new downtown public park/events center when he unveiled a Carolina Wren Park sculpture. Formerly referred to as Greenspace Park the park will now be called CAROLINA WREN PARK with an tenative opening date of September, 2013.
Finishing touches are now underway with this new park. Upon completion, the park will include a water wall, green amphitheater with low stone walls for seating, an Events pavilion, a performance stage, plaza fountain, and three overlook areas all nicely landscaped. It is estimated that the entire site will seat approximately 1900 when you include the plaza, amphitheater, overlooks and building areas.
This new addition will be a real enhancement to the downtown area and will open up new opportunities for bringing the community together for cultural and entertainments venues. When completed, it will just add to the many positive reasons that currently attract visitors and residents to the Anderson area.
The design team, RSCT Architecture + Design worked with William Renniner Associates (Landscape Architects & Planners), Britt Peters and Associates, Inc (Consulting Engineers) and Trehel General Contractors on the project and city personnel to add this exciting recreational area to Downtown Anderson.
To really appreciate the full scope of this project, you must visit and take a relaxed walk throughout the park. You can’t help but be impressed with this fantastic addition to Downtown Anderson.
Updated: August, 2013
Other Neighborhood Previews Resources
- ANDERSON ARTS CENTER, Anderson, SC
- ANDERSON COUNTY, SC – Popular recreation, renewed growth
- ANDERSON COUNTY GOVERNMENT, Anderson SC
- ANDERSON COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM, Anderson SC
- ANDERSON COUNTY MUSEUM, Anderson SC
- ANDERSON COUNTY SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT/CIVIC CENTER, Anderson SC
- Anderson, SC – DARWIN WRIGHT PARK
- Anderson, SC – DOWNTOWN, a fun place to visit and live.
- Anderson, SC – CAROLINA WREN PARK
- Anderson, SC – GREENSPACE PARK
- Anderson, SC – LINLEY PARK
- ANDERSON MALL, Anderson, SC
- ANDERSON RECREATION CENTER, Anderson, SC
- ANDERSON UNIVERSITY, Anderson, SC
- Search NP.com featured neighborhoods